Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho Drama Review


Summary: Dae Woong(Lee Seung Gi) is lazy, and very selfish (not to mentions wimpy), and wants to make it big as an action star in movies but really doesn't want to work for it. He doesn't want to go to school or work because he knows that he'll get a big hit in a movie and become a star really soon. Gu Mi Ho (Shin Min Ah) is a 500 year-old Gumiho, trapped inside a painting, who longs to be human. When Dae Woong accidentally releases Mi Ho from her painting, she decides that he could be useful and sticks by his side; much to his dismay and fear because Miho knows that she can frighten him into keeping her around. She then uses him in her quest to become human, but he is also using her "fox bead" as a way to stay healthy enough to do his action movie. In her quest to become human the two end up falling in love but what prices need to be paid in order for a Gumiho to turn human?

Review: This is my favorite drama. I loved this drama. I loved every character, I loved the jokes. I just loved this drama. Mi ho is hilarious. Dae Woong is hilarious. I would have watched this drama for another four episodes. Easily, maybe even more than that. I felt like I could just sit back and enjoy without having to really think about anything too deep. The main couple was way too cute together even at the beginning when they don't actually know each other; I secretly hope that they get married cause I love them so much. I loved all the characters. Gumiho was loads of fun but tugged at the heartstrings unexpectedly with twists that I didn't see coming especially towards the end. Such good angst, which I usually don't go for cause I hate noble idiots, this show tugged at every fiber of my being and left me so sad and super giggly. It was fun to watch Dae Woong grow from the selfish boy into the I'll-give-up-my-life-for-you type of man he was at the end of the drama.
On a not so side note, this drama actually started my love for Hans Christian Anderson's The Little Mermaid. Great soundtrack, great cast. Fantastic job Hong Sisters; by far my favorite drama by them. Woong-ah, why so adorable? Miho has got to be my favorite lead female; strong female leads rock!
And now I want a fox-bead kiss... and a Woong-ah...

Rating: 9/10

Memorable Moment: All of them!!!! So difficult to pick a great moment in this drama cause I loved it from start to finish. I seriously can't pick a favorite moment... I loved every moment. This is sad but also not sad? I might just have to add a bunch of pictures of them and call it happy.

1 comment:

  1. Heck!! My favorite drama of all the time. I hesitated to watch it -guilthy of not liking LSG at first- I hate this in me, I judged him and now I'm a huge fan of his.

    Everything in this drama is well done. From beginning till the end, I loved everything. I don't have favourite scenes but maybe favourite episodes: 16 and 12 (tigh) also the others.

    The nine things I love about my GF, the hoi hoi scenes. The parting part in the last ep, I cried buckets. How could I not, Woong-a and Mi Ho are way too cute! I loved the end "In the end, my GF id a FOX" LooooL.

    I love you MGIG, thanks to you I discovered LSG that I watched all his dramas (& loved them, he chose good scripts), discovered he's a singer and I actualy for the first time liked a Korean singer, his varieties lift my mood so up it's like I wasn't down or upset at all. A person to look up to, and definetly my ideal type <3.

    Thank you for the review ;)

    ReplyDelete