Thursday, October 18, 2012

Nice Guy Half Way Mark

Episode 10 of 20 has just aired for Nice Guy. Here's a quick character development/plot update.

Kang Maru: I'm going to be honest. I have no idea what this character's plan is. I have no idea what he's going to do. I don't know what his end goal is. I also don't know if he is mentally sound in any way, shape, or, form. I have never been more wary of or confused by a character. I honestly have no idea what he's going to do next.  So confused. I love it. With some characters, they're so shallow or so mainstream that you know what their next move is; you know how they're going to react and what their thoughts are. Kang Maru is completely different. He doesn't seem to have a pattern he follows. Han Jae Hee calls him? He goes running, the next time she calls, he ignores it. Seo Eun Gi calls, he ignores it. She calls again, he flirts a little. He tells Eun Gi he loves her, then he tells her he's using her and he loves Jae Hee. This boy is giving me whiplash! I love it so much. Just when we think he can sink no lower, he does. Our hero(?), I'm not sure if we can call him a hero, goes from selling his body and using women to get money, to scamming desperate people into revealing company secrets for money to the point where they sometimes become suicidal. This is so low for our hero(?) that his sister and best friend end up leaving him alone. Did not see that one coming, especially the best friend leaving.

Seo Eun Gi: We all knew it was coming and now it has happened. Seo Eun Gi has finally gotten in her car accident and she has lost her memory! I have been nervously waiting for this to happen and it finally has. Phew, now that that's out of the way I'm curious to see what Kang Maru will do. Will his conscience, or lack there of, stop him from using a girl with Amnesia to get back at his murderous ex? I'm not sure, the plot says yes but right now he's trying to get rid of Eun Gi. The strength that Eun Gi showed at the beginning of the drama has now departed with her memories but her obsession with Kang Maru remains. At the mention of his name she's ready to do anything. Though she doesn't remember anything, like she is learning everything over again, she remembers him and the "love" she shared with him. Obsessed is probably too light of a word to use when referring to her regard to Maru; I think that possessed would be a more accurate description. When she was strong, she was able to survive through the idea of Maru using her but now the strength has left her so I'm not sure how her fragile mind will take being used. 

Han Jae Hee: Wow... She's so evil that I think the Devil would have to sell his soul to her rather than she to him. After she WATCHES and just LETS Chairman Seo die, I don't think she deserves any sort of redemption. I kind of expected her to call Kang Maru and tell him to take the slack on this murder as well. Evil woman. She has pretty much said that she can and will seduce any man to get what she wants. Lies, manipulates, mud slings. There is nothing this woman won't do to keep her power. She feeds off of Kang Maru's remaining love for her, uses it against him, uses it to use him, uses it to hurt Eun Gi. She brings a whole new meaning to the title "Witchy Woman". Yikes. I can tell what her motives are and what she will do next, be evil and pick the most evil path, especially if it involves hurting Kang Maru even further. So evil.

President Seo: Well he's dead... so there's not a whole lot to say about him... Yep.

Lawyer Ahn: He has shown his true colors when he stops Jae Hee from calling for help when Preseident Seo collapsed on the floor and died. Yikes. He will do anything to protect Jae Hee and her child, not excluding blackmail and killing. Nice loyal little wolf you've picked up there, Jae Hee...

Lawyer Park: Poor guy. Eun Gi has lost her memories and damaged her brain, he stays stuck to her side yet she shows no signs of returning his one-sided love. I feel bad for him. I want to say that I hope he'll get a girl in the end, but I know he won't... He'll probably end up dead by the hands of Lawyer Ahn or Jae Hee once they've become bored with him...

No comments:

Post a Comment