Monday, August 18, 2014

Spica-I Did It

Oh, Spica has released an all English song. I did not know this was coming or had happened, maybe because YouTube unsubscribed me from every channel I was following and I've recently been trying to remember them all. Grr....
Okay... Spica is probably my favorite girl group because they are all amazingly talented at singing. All of them. And I like their songs. I wish they were more popular and at the same time I don't want them to become too popular because I want to keep them all to myself. I'm selfish like that.
So Spica's U.S. debut with I Did It is not going to do well. That is what I'm predicting. Not because Spica isn't good but because they don't speak English and they're singing in English. I cannot think of one KPop group whose "U.S. Debut" has done well. Girls' Generation tried it and they tanked. BoA, Seven, and possibly Wonder Girls all didn't do well. It just isn't going to work. I wish the KPop industry would stop trying to have U.S. debuts because they're just fine the way they are and the U.S. Music industry ruins artists and singers.
The MV made me think "Holy Legs, Batman". I do have to admit that Spica is full of beautiful girls. But this was pretty disappointing MV compared to their awesome You Don't Know Me MV, and the song wan't as good either and it wasn't just the fact that I only could understand the chorus portion of the all English song but also had to do with the repetitiveness of the song. Spica is wonderful but they do not have good English pronunciation which would be needed in a good U.S. Debut. Sorry Spica, I am really looking forward to your next Korean song.


No comments:

Post a Comment