Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gu character introductions part 2!

Now that we've had the third and fourth episodes, we can introduce the rest of our cast! (I'm also going to throw in character development from episodes 5 and 6 cause I didn't finish this the week of the third and fourth episodes.) At the end of Episode Five I was like "Woah, be ready for some trouble" But at the end of Episode Six, I started planning the bad guy's funerals cause Kang Chi is pissed and you're all gonna die. Watch out. You thought Wol Ryung was a total beast when he got ticked, just wait to you see Kang Chi. Oh yeah! Bring it on!
This drama has me so addicted. I'm glad that the story is moving pretty quickly and Kang Chi is figuring out what he is early on in the drama rather then later cause that would just be lame. I'm also glad that Yeo Wool finds out Kang Chi isn't human the same time he does so we don't have to worry about the shock that Seo Hwa went through when she found out Wol Ryung was a Gumiho after being married to him for so long. I am a little curious when Yeo Wool will tell Kang Chi that she's actually a girl, cause I read that she'd tell him in either episode five or six but that didn't happen... I can see her walking up to him and in her deadpan tone saying "By the way, I'm a girl, not a boy." And his reaction would be great. Currently, I can see him, not falling in love with her cause he thinks she's a guy, but noticing that she's a good person and I think that will help push his love for her along when she finally tells him that she's a woman.
Suzy is doing a great job of keeping up with Lee Seung Gi in this drama but I'm noticing similarities between her character in Dream High and her character in Gu Family Book which is fine, but I find myself constantly telling her that she can't like Kang Chi cause she'll break Song Sam Dong's heart, and then I have to remind myself that this is a different drama. I don't know if the character was written like that or if she is just portraying Yeo Wool that way but I'm hoping that Suzy shows a little more in the versatile acting area later on. I'm not really complaining but it is something that I've noticed. Lee Seung Gi is doing a great job of keeping his characters in their respective dramas. Not once have I thought his characters from My Girlfriend is a Gumiho or King 2 Hearts have leaked into this drama; I'm very proud of Lee Seung Gi for that. Can't wait for the next week!!!!

Choi Kang Chi (Lee Seung Gi): Curious, mischievous, trouble-maker. Despite the problems he causes, he has a good pure heart and was raised in the right way. Earnest little puppy, I feel so bad for him. I wanna stick him in my pocket and carry him around with me. Think of yourself once in a while!!!! And I'm excited to see how he reacts to learning of his true nature. I absolutely love that nature is connected with Kang Chi's emotions. If he's happy the wind reacts by playing with his hair and his surroundings but if he's ticked, be ready for hurricane force winds. I see that coming in handy later, or being a problem. I'm sad that Lee Seung Gi lost six pounds for this part. His face is thinner, I miss his chipmunk cheeks... :( But I still love his personality so it doesn't matter too much.

Jo Kwan Woong (Lee Sung Jae): I'm talking about him again, cause he's evil. Seriously, are you going to turn every argument against you into treason? Is that your fall back answer? Cause you've done it three times in the first five episodes... Get over yourself, not everything is about you, stop taking everything so personally, you aren't the center of the universe. And creepy. He was creepy in the first two episodes but now he's planning to rape yet another 20 year old girl after you wrongly kill her father for treason? We have places for people like you, it's called jail. And way to wake the sleeping beast, you are so screwed.

Gun (Sung Joon): I'm a little disappointed to see Sung Joon play the position of a bodyguard with few lines after seeing his incredible performance in Shut Up: Flower Boy Band. BUT. He is so freaking funny. He doesn't say a lot, but the expressions he makes, and the things he says when he does speak? I could watch he and Kang Chi bicker for a full drama. They crack me up. He's awesome, so very awesome. He also has a one-sided crush on Yeo Wool and it's kind of sad how she doesn't even view him as a man but rather an object.

Dam Yeo Wool (Suzy): Currently dressed as a man, doesn't need someone to look out for her. I like strong heroines. She is starting to develop a pretty big crush on Kang Chi and while those two are destined to be together, I really hope they don't end up like his parents. Stay with him, he's a good person! You could handle his beast side better than Chung Jo could, in fact, I know she couldn't handle it.

Park Mul Soo (Uhm Hyo Sup): Such a good man, and I'm sad to see him go. Rarely do we get to see righteous, honest, kind-hearted father figures, and even more rarely do they get to live through the whole drama. He gives his life to save Kang Chi's, though I'm pretty sure Kang Chi could  have handled it, and has now passed on from this world.

Lady Yoon (Kim Hee Jung): Wife of Park Mul Soo, she also needs to get over herself. I understand that she's afraid of what Kang Chi is, but I don't understand why she's afraid to the point of resentment. He was a baby and he didn't hurt anyone. He may not be human but he tries to hard to be part of the family. Be nice to him. I know he likes your daughter but there are other ways to get him to stay away from her, other than trying to kill him. Bad idea. Calm down. And I know her hatred for him is just gonna grow stronger now that her husband gave his life to save Kang Chi's. *sigh* What is it with Korean moms?

Park Tae Seo (Yoo Yeon Seok): A relatively cool-headed scholar, though I think he needs to control his temper a bit, and extremely loyal to his family. Huge crush on Dam Yeo Wool. Has a brotherly relationship with Kang Chi but I'm sure that will be strained now that his father is dead and when Kang Chi starts pursuing Yeo Wool.

Park Chung Jo (Lee Yoo Bi): Lord Park's daughter and Kang Chi's first love. She has feelings for him but I don't think they're strong enough to survive his beastly side or the fact that her loving father is dead because of Kang Chi. She'll just be a hinderance when Kang Chi starts to fall in love with Yeo Wool so she has to go. Not die go, but no longer be in the picture, go. She isn't a weak character, actually I'm surprised by how strong she is, but she isn't right for Kang Chi. She really couldn't handle his Gumiho side. Let go of him, Chung Jo. Back away from the puppy!!!!

Dam Peyong Joon (Jo Sung Ha): Yeo Wool's father, former solider turned martial arts teacher. Once lead a manhunt for Wul Ryung, he's seen how big of a mistake that was and seems to be a good guy now. he is curious about Kang Chi and suspicious of who he is.

Ninja (Ryohei Otani): I love how this guy doesn't even get a name, he's just Ninja. Evil Kwan Woong's right-hand man.

Han Noh (Park Joo Hyun): The head guard at 100 Years Inn. Pretty awesome dude. I'm happy to see him playing a good guy after Gaksital. The poor guy never lasts past episode eight though.

No comments:

Post a Comment